Thursday, July 12, 2012

Shazam! on DVD

While we are still waiting for the official announcement of the 1966 Batman TV series to be released on DVD, here's something that came out of left field and took me by surprise. The live action Filmation Shazam! TV series will be released on DVD thru the Warner Archive division (which means it will be on DVD-R, instead of mass produced dual layer DVDs) on September 18, 2012.  This is very good news.  I had expected the series to be released to coincide with the movie, but it seems we won't have to wait that long.  I hope they include the two episodes of Isis that guest starred Captain Marvel, and all 13 installments of the Filmation Shazam! cartoon (some of which written by a young Paul Dini) as bonus features.  I also wish they would have audio commentary by Michael Gray and Jackson Bostwick, but seeing as this will be on DVD-R, I don't know if that could be possible.  Still, very happy and I can't wait!

No comments: